Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 39

Thread: Have Yourself.......

  1. #21
    ~*AngelKiss*~
    Guest ~*AngelKiss*~'s Avatar

    Post


    That wasn't very nice

    ------------------
    To love is nothing
    To be loved is something
    To love and be loved is everything......

  2. #22
    Inactive Member Kerala's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 9th, 2001
    Posts
    367
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    so um back to the song shall we...

    *mumbles* wait I don't know the song biggrin

    *walks out*

    ------------------
    I am my own master but not always master of myself.

    Crazy Kerala's Place

  3. #23
    HB Forum Owner Blazey's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    9,610
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    J..umm..your mean sometimes..not that you dont know that.. smile

    ok heres the end of the song..

    Through the years we all will be together
    If the Fates allow
    Hang a shining star upon the highest bough.
    And have yourself a merry little Christmas now.
    and i ran out of pics... frown



    ------------------
    HEH HEH

  4. #24
    Inactive Member minnow~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2001
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *didn't know Christains had a monopoly on "this time of year"*

    wow...learn something new every day.

    ------------------

  5. #25
    Inactive Member rotten's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    882
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I must have missed something...I thought that's what Christmas was celebrating.

    course you can't say Merry Christmas anymore, they can't call it Christmas break.





  6. #26
    HB Forum Owner Blazey's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 22nd, 2001
    Posts
    9,610
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    *screams JJJJJJJJJJJ*..i posted that for minnow..its her religion..and i didnt want to exclude her and her beliefs..at this time of year..you knew what i was saying..grrr..*pops ya on the head*..and your right..the true meaning of christmas is lost nowadays..its all about presents and what are you gonna buy me..i wish we could go back to the simple ways..celebrate the birth of christ as it was meant to be..but that starts at home..and so many children today dont even know the christmas story..cuz no one ever told them..Makes me sad to think and its only getting worse..I had a nice exp the other nite..I had carolers from a local church..And to my suprise..all of them were teenagers..it was such a nice feeling to hear them ask if they could say a prayer for me..You just dont see teens doing that anymore..at least i dont..But anyhow..it made my nite.. smile

    ------------------
    HEH HEH

  7. #27
    Inactive Member minnow~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2001
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thanks Blaze for putting the dreidle on this thread for me *S* I thought it was sweet. I guess I'm confused too cos I always thought that Christmas was one day out of the year not "this time of the year" or is it twelve days of Christmas and where did that come from anyway? Lots of celebrations go on all over the world at "this time of year" and I think it was a bunch of tree worshiping druids or some pagans that started it all as a winter solstice event *L* To the best of my knowledge, the actual historical birth of Jesus according to the Hebrew calander would put it somewhere in June or July but then around the sixth century a Catholic guy, hmmm...can't remember what he was...bishop? began the whole Christian celebration of the birth of Christ and put it around the winter solstice because it was already such a widely celebrated event. But I could be totally wrong about all of this *L*...cos I'm just a Jew. What would I know? *L*

    ------------------

  8. #28
    Inactive Member minnow~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2001
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    well...ok wait...I do know something *L*...St. Nicholas was a real person. He was Russian if memory serves me (I could go look it up but I'm too lazy *L*) and he used to go around and throw small bags of coins into the stockings of poor girls who left them to dry in front of the fireplace because without any kind of a dowry they would have not have been desirable wife material and would have ended up in a life a prostitution. I think that is a really good story to tell Christain kids around the fireplace on Christmas Eve while sipping hot cocoa *L*

    ------------------

  9. #29
    Inactive Member minnow~'s Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2001
    Posts
    195
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    yeah...clearly I'm the hypersensitive one *L*

    the "I'm only a Jew" comment was a joke *L*...just a touch of irony.

    So was the comment about telling kids that story (you'll note the *L* after those comments indicating that I was laughing when I said them) I find it the history of a lot of these celebrations funny...so sue me...I also find it humorous that Hanukkah begins (as is true with many Jewish holidays) with a bloody war, decapitation and the slaughtering of pigs *LOL*

    Generally we leave those parts out when we get invited to local schools to present on the holiday *L*

    ------------------

  10. #30
    Inactive Member rotten's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 25th, 2001
    Posts
    882
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    WTF? i put a post up and it didn't post?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •